Location: Redwood City, CA
Cape is a rapidly growing company that has launched the world’s only automated drone video service for action sports to locations all over North America and as far away as New Zealand. We’ve launched with skiing and snowboarding as our first sport.
We are hiring a Design Director to own all of the efforts related to design for our explosively fast growing company and brand presence. In our first year of operation, we’ve quintupled the size of our team and raised significant funding.
Our accelerated expansion has created a need for an in-house team member to own and develop our brand across multiple changes, including digital, print, and physical channels. This role is simultaneously a hands-on role making amazing things, as well as a high level role with creative direction responsibilities and thought partnership with the executive team. You get to shape an entire brand across multiple touchpoints, for a vibrant and active brand. It’s the perfect role for someone who wants to own and develop a brand end-to-end.
- Evolve and develop the Cape brand identity and design language as the company and product offerings grow
- Developing and designing high-quality deliverables (digital and print)
- Develop and produce brand standards and style guides for Cape
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and marketing to ensure visual and creative consistency
- Design specific brand identity elements and iconography for use in Cape’s products, marketing, and customer service
- Manage internal and external design workstreams for web, mobile, and print
- Be the “creative director” to the team as we look to evolve Cape’s design language
- B.A./B.S. degree desired, Graphic Design or a related field a plus
- 2–5 years of professional experience
- Strong portfolio demonstrating relevant, user-centered design solutions
- Pro user of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Apple products, wireframing, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Solid overall visual design: layout, color, and brand systems
- Photography, videography, coding, and strong writing skills are a plus
- Love of filmmaking and/or photography
- Being an outdoor activity enthusiast (snowboarding/skiing, surfing, mountain biking, hiking, longboarding etc.)
- Start date: position is open now, applicants able to start soon (e.g. within weeks of application) favored
- Job location/hours: Redwood City California, full-time (may require some travel if interested)
- Cash: negotiable, but our band is between 80-120K depending on experience
- Full benefits & perks
Visit the Cape Production website to submit your resume/CV and cover letter for the Design Lead position.