Citrine’s Scientific Community Manager (SCM) will be the driving force behind the rapid growth and cohesion of the international data-driven materials science and chemistry research community. Citrine presently faces an exciting opportunity and challenge: creating and engaging a global community of researchers dedicated to transforming materials science and chemistry with data and data analysis at an unprecedented scale. Our SCM works on a daily basis with researchers at universities, government laboratories, and consortia, and fosters a vibrant community for these researchers built around the free and open Citrination platform. Drawing on his or her domain expertise and superlative communication skills, Citrine’s SCM makes it easy, fun, and appealing for materials and chemistry researchers to uses the Citrination platform to store, search, and model data.
- Design and execution of large-scale community-building initiatives
- Prioritizing possible community initiatives with quantitative cost-benefit analyses
- Obtaining product-related feedback from the research community and communicating it to relevant Citrine product managers
- Real-time tracking of community growth and engagement metrics
- Proactive communication of community opportunities and challenges to Citrine executive team, particularly the Chief Science Officer
- Deployment of Citrine’s platform as a constructive force for democratization of materials and chemistry data and research
- Training research community on Citrine platform tools
- Engagement with Citrine’s scientific advisory board, a group of world-leading researchers in a variety of materials and chemistry sub-disciplines
- Development of formal partnerships with organizations such as professional societies and universities
- Travel to workshops, conferences, and seminars on Citrine’s behalf
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; advanced degrees in fields related to materials science strongly preferred
- Proven ability to bring people together and create community, especially in technical contexts
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and a strong desire to engage with the research community on an ongoing basis
- Proven ability to engage a diverse range of stakeholders in pursuit of a shared goal
- Proven ability to teach new tools or methodologies to technical audiences
- Proven ability to persuade third parties to take action
- Strong plus, but not required: Experience building community with social media tools
This posting open to those with existing legal right to work in the United States. Citrine Informatics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Citrine is the artificial intelligence platform for materials and chemicals. Our platform ingests and understands large-scale data from countless sources, such as patents, research papers, technical reports, and existing databases, and uses state-of-the-art AI to anticipate the behavior of all materials and chemicals under any relevant conditions. Check out our outstanding group of customers and partners. Citrine is backed by top tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms including: Innovation Endeavors, Data Collective, Prelude Ventures, AME Cloud Ventures, Morado Ventures, and XSeed Capital.
Please visit the Citrine website to submit your resume/CV and cover letter for the SCM position.